Businesses today need to optimize their accounting and finance functions and align them with their goals in order to grow. Improving cash flow, maximizing efficiency and minimizing costs are all important considerations.
Anchin’s Client Accounting Advisory Services (CAS) group provides services geared toward managing your accounting and finance responsibilities and improving your company’s performance and bottom line.
We have a proven track record of assisting clients who are operating in a remote work environment.
Engaging a highly-rated accounting, tax and advisory firm with a wealth of diverse experience is the preferred option for many companies. By leveraging technology, we use critical business data to partner with you to deliver the tools and guidance you need, where and when needed, in order to help you make the best-informed decision for your organization.
Anchin’s expertise encompasses a wide range of industries, including consumer products, technology, manufacturing and distribution, life sciences, public relations and advertising, real estate, construction and architecture and engineering.
A Customized & Dedicated Anchin Team
Building on our reputation for quality and reliability, Anchin created a CAS team that is led by industry expert partners including a veteran CFO/COO with over thirty years of experience. Our team leaders will personally be involved in all aspects of your work and will be your main points of contact.
The CAS business model is designed to maximize tax efficiencies and integrated with the firm’s tax department. This approach gives you an internal accounting function that is integrated with high level expertise. This support, combined with the benefits of outsourcing, makes Anchin CAS the obvious choice for growing businesses.
Benefits & Outcomes
Many organizations have found that outsourcing their accounting and finance functions adds efficiency and allows management to better focus on growth, operations and strategic initiatives. Management is also relieved of employee turnover, onboarding, training, PTO related costs and other overhead, resulting in cost savings and an improved bottom line. CAS services are especially effective for organizations that find hiring and training trustworthy accountants time consuming, costly and challenging.
Additional benefits may include:
- Access to our team – Our experienced team of financial executives and industry experts is available to you at all times, to provide a range of services and bridge the gaps in your accounting.
- Scalability of resources and workforce – Whether you need accounting or CFO-level advice, we can provide the appropriate services and expertise at the right time. If the size and scale of your organization change, we can immediately adapt our services to all of your needs.
- Seamless integration with your team – Working with your existing leadership and staff, the accessibility and scalability we provide creates a smooth process as your organization changes.
- The Anchin network – Our team of industry thought leaders and experts provides in-depth knowledge across the gamut of business services.
- Best practices – Implementation of best practices as they relate to reducing redundancy, improving statutory compliance, technology and industry challenges. This also enables us to provide you with more accurate and timely reporting and the ability to make real-time adjustments to your organization.
Accounting services include:
- Financial reporting
- Cash management and reconciliation
- Sales tax and other local tax compliance
- Payroll and benefit administration
- Bill payment services (bank and credit cards) – including expense tracking and expense allocation
Advisory services include:
- Budgeting – design, tracking and comparison
- Preparation for Mergers & Acquisitions
- Audit readiness preparation and assistance
- Cash flow projections
- Industry-specific analysis and benchmarking
- Developing performance summaries, including KPIs and dashboards
- Recommendations for business improvements
Reconciliation of historical records for a large distributor
We were engaged by a large distributor to reconcile, adjust and restate historical multi-year financial statements to comply with GAAP in contemplation of the sale of a business by its founders. This project involved the completion of multi-year proofs of cash, balance sheet account reconciliations, the restatement of revenues to conform with GAAP, estimations of key allowances and reserves and computation of normalized EBITDA.
Prepared IPO records for a large retailer
Worked with a large retailer to assist in preparing the company’s records for an IPO, which included researching and reporting on complex accounting and financial reporting matters relating to lease obligations, stock-based compensation, complex debt instruments and impairment of long-lived assets. We also prepared the financial statements in accordance with SEC reporting requirements, prepared analyses of key accounts and supported the independent accountants in their audits of the financial statements. Subsequent to the successful IPO, we assisted management in the preparation of interim and annual financial statements and in responding to SEC comment letters.
- ‘Totally Inadequate’: CRE Tax Experts Say City Underestimating Extent Of FalloutJuly 2, 2021
New York City slashed property values this year, drastically reducing tax obligations for many commercial landlords across the city. But even with assessments down by more than 20% in some cases, some owners say the reductions are not nearly enough relief, given the circumstances, and are squaring up to fight the city with greater force than ever before.
- Business & Finance AwardsJune 30, 2021
Robert S. Gilman, CPA, CGMA, is an accounting and audit partner at Anchin and co-leader of the firm’s real estate group. He has extensive experience serving real estate owners, developers, and operators in both the commercial and residential sectors. Gilman advises his clients on day-today operations, tax saving opportunities, and transactional support that includes due diligence on the acquisition and disposition of real estate, 1031 exchanges, and opportunity zones. His experience extends to tax structuring on deals, securing financing, reviewing, and analyzing operating agreements and assisting with client investor relations for both domestic and international investors. Gilman also advises clients on financial and estate planning, budgeting, tax planning, and cash flow strategies. Many of his clients’ projects are built from the ground up and require intensive reviews of construction and ancillary costs. He also consults on compliance, accounting, and tax issues that impact the real estate industry.
- Five Things You Didn’t Know About Client Accounting Advisory ServicesJune 22, 2021
Interested in learning more about specific ways CAS can support your high-level accounting and finance efforts? Here are five things you might not have known that CAS covers.
- Anchin: Personalized Accounting Services for Holistic GrowthJune 18, 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented challenges to accounting firms and their clients, many of whom are still working on a strategy to combat this unprecedented situation. While CFOs and other finance professionals spent much of 2020 addressing the pandemic's hardships, in 2021 they will likely be shifting their focus toward implementing long-term plans to position their organizations for growth and profitability. Despite its toll on people and businesses, the pandemic has created an opportunity for accounting firm leaders to influence positive outcomes by reevaluating and adjusting their goals and executing wellthought-out strategies. As a result, advisory services are among the fastest-growing segments for firms such as Anchin, one of the country's leading accounting and advisory firms. Since the onset of the pandemic, Anchin’s team of professionals have made it a priority to assist their clients through COVID-19 related hardships including guiding clients through the transition to remote working, evaluating cash flow and costs, and providing them with continuous information and updates on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and other incentives and programs.
- NYC Real Estate Biz is Fighting Bevy of New Taxes, RegulationsJune 15, 2021
The real estate industry is reeling in the face of new legislation, extended eviction moratoriums, environmental regulation and higher taxes. Now, trade organization and industry leaders vow to fight back.Most recently, industry executives are warning that the Biden administration’s plans to hike the tax on long term capital gains above $1 million from 20% to the top bracket would result in a top bracket rate of 43.4%. In late May, the administration also revealed that the capital gains tax hike would be retroactively applied to assets sold after April 2021.
- Best Bosses 2021April 5, 2021
MARC WIEDER & ROBERT GILMAN Anchin, Block & Anchin As partners and co-leaders of the real estate practice group at Anchin, Block & Anchin, Marc Wieder and Robert Gilman lead a 36-member team that represents some of the biggest players in commercial real estate on everything from transactional guidance and 1031 exchanges to advisory on tax strategy to cash flow analysis. The duo has an impressive reputation among both clients and colleagues.
- Anchin Opens Long Island Office to Accommodate Growing Team of Industry Experts March 4, 2021
Anchin is pleased to announce that it has opened an office on Long Island, in Uniondale, New York.
- Anchin Expands Client Accounting Advisory Services (CAS) Group; Welcomes Peter Motsch as a Director and Co-LeaderJanuary 25, 2021
We are pleased to announce that Peter Motsch has joined Anchin as a Director and Co-Leader of Anchin’s Client Accounting Advisory Services (CAS) Group. As co-leaders of the CAS group, Peter and Joseph Perotta focus on offering accounting services and financial expertise to clients across all industries. Peter has more than 10 years of financial reporting, audit and business advisory experience, and has led financial reporting and accounting services projects for clients of all sizes, giving him insight into operations across a wide range of industries.
- How CAS Can Help You In This Remote Working and Technology-Enabled LandscapeNovember 2, 2020
Since its inception, Anchin’s Client Accounting and Advisory Services (CAS) group has operated as an extension of a company’s finance function, with remote work and technology at the core of our strategic model. We have a proven track record of efficiently and effectively managing accounting functions remotely for many years, not just the months since the COVID-19 pandemic struck at the heart of the traditional brick and mortar business model. Anchin CAS can assist businesses of all sizes with the shift to a prospective, forward thinking and strategic business model that fills workforce gaps, without the need for extensive training and transitioning of employees, all while embracing remote work.
- Bridging the Post-Pandemic Gaps in Your Accounting Team with Client Accounting Advisory Services (CAS)June 24, 2020
COVID-19 has dramatically affected the world economy, consumer spending, business management and operations. Businesses around the world have had to mobilize quickly to make changes to be able to stay open and be profitable during this crisis. They have had to call upon their trusted tax and legal advisors to best decide how to make the necessary adjustments to their operations to stay afloat. Anchin’s Client Accounting Advisory Services (CAS) team can help you get through this crisis and beyond.