Anchin is proud to sponsor Markets Group's 9th Annual Private Equity US Spring Forum - the leading East Coast investor-centric meeting for LPs investing in private markets. Read More
Members of Anchin’s COVID-19 Resource Team will walk you through the latest rules for eligibility and forgiveness of PPP loans, along with eligibility requirements for 2020 and 2021 Employee Retention Credits. The team will discuss the interplay of these programs for companies that may be eligible for both benefits. The team will also cover the recent IRS guidance issued, and the latest ERC program extension and expansion which now includes “recovery startup business.” Read More
- SBA Releases Program Details of the Restaurant Revitalization Fund4/22/2021
Recent updates by the Small Business Administration (“SBA”) are captured here, and we expect the SBA to issue additional formal guidance in the next few weeks. The newly released rules may be significant to you and include updates on grant eligibility; calculation, amount, timing and use of grant funds; as well as information on how to apply.
- How Do You Value a Company with No Earnings (or Sales)?4/20/2021
Skilled business valuation experts have several ways to deal with this challenge.
- Protecting Your Business From Fraud in the “Pandemic Economy” 4/16/2021
Unfortunately, experience in prior crises shows that well-intentioned efforts to quickly provide aid in the form of large sums of funds to people in need can leave the door open to fraud.
- The Fiscal Year 2022 New York State Budget – The Benefits and Costs to You4/12/2021
New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and legislative leaders have announced an agreement on the state’s fiscal year 2022 budget, which, among its various provisions, will significantly raise tax rates and make New York City the highest taxing jurisdiction in the country. The notable changes are discussed below, and it is important for taxpayers to consider how they may be impacted going forward.
- Digging Deeper: Parkview Health granted $1.1M PPP loan… but officials say they never sought it4/9/2021
Brian Sanvidge tells ABC21 that the massive government-backed effort isn't designed for market-topping employers like Parkview Health.
- New York State’s Tax Increase: What High Earners Need to Know4/8/2021
Taxes are going up for New York’s highest earners.
Legislation passed Wednesday raises income-tax rates on single filers with more than about $1.1 million of income and joint filers reporting more than about $2.2 million. The changes mean top earners in New York City will be subject to the highest combined local tax rate in the country.
- The $2.25 Trillion Infrastructure “American Jobs Plan” and What it Means for the Architecture, Engineering and Construction Community4/5/2021
President Biden has put forward the long-awaited $2.25 trillion “American Jobs Plan” spending proposal for a massive infrastructure renovation. The “American Jobs Plan” lays out a budget of $621 billion for transportation infrastructure; $689 billion for building and utilities; and $500 billion for worker training, research and development, and domestic manufacturing initiatives.
- What Does a Trustee Do?3/31/2021
Your estate plan may include several different trusts. The reason is that various types of trusts can accomplish a myriad of estate planning goals. Thus, it’s critical to understand the role of a trustee.
- What Happens When the Owner of a Pet Dies? Help Ensure Their Future Lives by Adding Them to Your Estate Plan!3/31/2021
If you are creating an estate plan, you might be overlooking one important family member: your pet! While pets might not show typical human emotional behavior, changes in routine and the absence of an owner’s presence will be evident to them.
- How to Become an “Angel Investor”3/31/2021
Non-accredited investors or individuals can now participate in angel investing through various crowdfunding platforms and groups. If you are not currently investing in start-ups but are interested in providing funding, there are a few ways you can get started.