Digital assets inclusive of cryptocurrency and NFTs have been increasingly popular in the past few years with heightened scrutiny from the IRS. However, we have received little IRS guidance to date as to the taxation of digital assets. The tax consequences vary greatly if you are a creator, investor and/or using cryptocurrency on a daily basis. Our specialists help you navigate this “new” tax arena as new legislation and guidance comes forth.
- Advising on tax consequences relating to investing, creating, receiving and using digital assets.
- Review of events related to mining/staking and receiving tokens via forks/airdrops
- Implementing tax minimization strategies
- Review of ICO and SAFT agreements
- Considerations related to the use of digital assets