Anchin Construction & Development ForumFebruary 9, 2017
The third annual Anchin Construction & Development Forum was held on February 9, 2017 at the TKP New York Conference Center.
Hundreds of incredible, high-level professionals whose work greatly impacts the real estate, construction, architecture and engineering landscapes of the greater New York City area, came together to discuss trends, forecasts, ideas, innovations and other relevant topics.
Several articles were written with information derived from the all-day conference:
Some of the key topics discussed at the 2017 Anchin Forum include:
- Morning Keynote: RXR Realty
- Featured Richard T. Anderson, President Emeritus of the New York Building Congress) interviewing Scott Rechler, CEO & Chairman of RXR Realty.
- Challenges of Success: The State of the Market for Construction & Development
- Panel featured Erik Horvat (Fosum Property Holdings), Gregg Popkin (RFR Realty), Daniel Price (OneTitle), Jeff Simpson (Greystone Development), Richard Sussman (Rosenbeg & Estis), Rob Vecsler (Silverstein Properties) and was moderated by Marc Wieder (Anchin, Block & Anchin).
- Wag the Dog: Construction Financing Obstacles & Solutions
- Panel featured Richard Browne (Sterling Project Development Group), David Dishy (L+M Development Partners), Drew Fletcher (Greystone Bassuk), Timothy Haskin (AECOM Capital), Robert Schiffer (SL Green Realty) and was moderated by David Pfeffer (Tarter Krinsky and Drogin).
- Change or Die: Innovations in Technology, Engineering & Design
- Panel featured Mark Boekenheide (Hudson Yards), Jonathan Drescher (The Durst Organization), James Hannah (Bright Power), AJ Pires (Alloy), Peter Rosenthal (Savanna), Mitchel Simpler (Jaros, Baum & Bolles) and was moderated by Tara Mulrooney (Proskauer).
- Workshop: The Art of Managing Construction Risks
- Presented by Robert Epstein (Greenberg Traurig)
- Future Proofing: Redevelopment & Rethinking of Existing Structures
- Panel featured Jeff Davis (L & L Holding), Justin Pelsinger (Charney Construction & Development), John Pierce (Rockefeller Group), Yoel Sharigan (Elad Group) and was moderated by Laurie Stanziale (Tarter Krinsky & Drogin).
- It’s Complicated: Public-Private Relationships on Real Estate Developments & Infrastructure
- Panel featured Jeffrey Dugan (Dattner Architects), William Gilbane III (Gilbane Building Company), Miriam Harris (Trinity Place Holdings), Michael Horodniceanu (MTA Capital Construction), Michael meter (F&T Group), Charles Williams III (Peckar & Abramson) and was moderated by Gerard Onorata (Peckar & Abramson).
- Subcontractor Default Insurance: What You Need to Know
- Presented by Anthony Carlucci and Thomas Tripodianos (Welby, Brady & Greenblatt)
- Playing Nice with the Neighbors: Dealing with Adjoining Properties during Construction
- Featured Melissa Billing and Jessica Rothman (Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti)
- Future of Parking: a New York Case Study
- Featured Andrew Ginsburg (City Lift)
- LGA – Worst to First! The Planning, Design, and Implementation of the new LaGuardia Airport including the nation’s largest P3
- Featured Carl Calioto (HOK)
- Afternoon Keynote: Lendlease & Hines
- Featured Melissa Burch (Lendlease Development) and Tommy Craig (Hines) and was moderated by Robert Gilman (Anchin, Block & Anchin)