Redpoint Cybersecurity provides superior information security services to a variety of markets, including law firms, asset managers and family offices, retail and manufacturing firms, and more. Our services are comprehensive and include network vulnerability scanning, penetration testing and system exploitation, security training, and a variety of consulting services ranging from governance and policy creation to vendor security due diligence, to IT and Compliance support.
Each of our engagements begins with a clear articulation and scoping of project goals and ends with a debrief to your management and IT staff, to ensure that our findings and recommendations are actionable and result in the improvement of your overall security and cyber risk management processes.
- How Class C Apartment Residents are Getting ByDecember 29, 2020
The pandemic’s impact on apartment dwellers hasn’t been uniform.
- The Nitty Gritty on Federal Rent ReliefDecember 22, 2020
As the multifamily sector welcomed the inclusion of $25 billion in rental assistance in the federal relief package, it rushed to decipher the 5,000-page bill.
- Combating Deep FakesDecember 1, 2020
As cyberwarfare becomes a traditional war fighting capability, concerted disinformation campaigns are no longer bound to the physical realm but creeping into the digital space.
- Multifamily Beats the OddsNovember 18, 2020
While hotels, retail and offices sink, the multifamily sector is sailing along.
- U.S. Retail Industry Experiences the Worst and Best of Times Amid COVID-19 PandemicOctober 30, 2020
U.S. retail businesses have never faced challenges as severe as those of the past half-year, with the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic massively disrupting the global supply chain of merchandise just as businesses sought to adapt themselves to the rise in e-commerce.
- 2020: An Even More Challenging Technology Environment for Business of All SizesOctober 12, 2020In February, ADRS made some predictions about cyber threats, data privacy, the gig economy and new technology, but in February no one expected that the world would be flipped upside down in a matter of weeks. 2020 has definitely changed how businesses operate and how they need to protect themselves.
- Smartphones or Tracking Devices?September 2, 2020
Smartphones are ubiquitous, contain volumes of private personal information, have built-in cameras and microphones, and can easily connect to the internet. While this makes them very convenient and useful for us, it also makes them an attractive target for cyber criminals.
- OCIE Risk Alert: How to Avoid Regulatory Backlash During Prolonged Periods of Remote WorkAugust 27, 2020
In its most recent Risk Alert, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (OCIE) provided guidance on best practices during the prolonged periods of remote work that many firms are experiencing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Anchin: The Virtual Strategist CFOJune 12, 2020
Chris Noble explains how Anchin's outsourced accounting services group, now rebranded as the Client Accounting Advisory Services Group (CAS), is a natural extension of Anchin's proactive client service model.
- Guidance on Cyber Threats to Private Equity and Hedge FundsJune 8, 2020
As the corporate world is evolving and becoming more accepting of working remotely, every company is facing the increased threat of cybercrimes. In 2019, the average cost of a data breach in the U.S. was more than $8 million, and the average time spent to identify and contain a breach was around 245 days. These numbers will continue to grow as cyber criminals become even more sophisticated.
- Work From Home Is Complicating Cybersecurity InvestigationsJune 4, 2020
Before the pandemic, Redpoint Cybersecurity, a subsidiary of New York-based accounting and advisory firm Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP, did roughly 85% of its work at clients' offices, Chief Operating Officer Tab Bradshaw said. The proportions have flipped: about 95% of the incident-response team's work is now offsite, he said. The company works mainly with small or medium-size businesses.
- U.S. to Accuse China of Hacking COVID-19 Vaccine ResearchMay 11, 2020
Tab Bradshaw, COO of Redpoint Cybersecurity and a member of the Department of Homeland Security’s advanced information sharing working group, confirmed the planned warning in an interview Monday.
- Zoom Security & Privacy: Protecting Your Virtual Meetings and Protecting YourselfApril 14, 2020
During these days of increased remote work, many in-person meetings and events are going virtual and videoconferencing platforms are becoming more necessary to our daily
- Navigating Uncharted Waters: Responding to the Business Impact of COVID-19March 31, 2020
While all organizations are in uncharted waters in dealing with the resulting economic turmoil, professional firms such as ours have a responsibility to help clients navigate through the crisis. Many businesses have addressed the immediate needs created by the pandemic: implementing remote workplace regimens, revising paid-time-off and other policies to assist employees, enacting customer support programs, etc. Having addressed the most urgent needs, it is now time to focus on issues that pose an existential threat to long-term business continuity and viability. Here is some advice that we’re sharing with our firm’s clients.
- COVID-19 Cyber Hygiene: Tips for Keeping Your Remote Working Environment Safe & SecureMarch 24, 2020
Staying safe and healthy doesn’t just apply to you and your hands. As many of us move to remote work in response to the coronavirus pandemic, it is important to know how to keep our employees’ home work environments as secure and protected as our companies’ offices. Taking steps now to improve employee awareness and procedures can save headaches, costs and distraction related to breaches later. In this Anchin Alert, we will be sharing our tips for maintaining the best cyber hygiene in the wake of COVID-19 and all of the unprecedented challenges it has brought.
- Covid-19 – Addressing Key Business IssuesMarch 16, 2020
The disruption to the economy and to how we socialize due to Covid-19 is quite significant. As with other major disruptions of the past, we will likely progress through a period of uncertainty after which businesses will slowly recover. Here are several key items to address so you can keep your business and its employees on track.
- Anchin Expands Firm’s Cybersecurity Practice – Tab Bradshaw Joins as New Leader of Redpoint Cybersecurity LLCMarch 5, 2020
Anchin is pleased to welcome Tab Bradshaw to the firm as Chief Operating Officer of its affiliate, Redpoint Cybersecurity. Redpoint provides strategies to mitigate advanced cybersecurity threats via offensive security services, digital forensics and incident response services, and cybersecurity transformation services.
- 5 Tips to Help You Build Your Five-Year Plan Now February 20, 2020
For a tech startup, the future may look nothing like the present. Those five years can move quickly – which is why it’s vital to start thinking about the answer now.
- 2020: Challenging Technology Environment for All Size BusinessesFebruary 13, 2020
Past experiences can help us see what’s in front of us, but with respect to technology and security, many of the challenges from the past year are still going to be with us in 2020. Indicators on emerging risks show that although companies know they need to accept the digital future, most are keenly aware that the digital past dictates the challenges for the near future.
- Department of Homeland Security Warning About Increased Cyber AttacksJanuary 9, 2020
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is warning businesses that there will likely be an increase in cyber threats due to heightened tension with Iran. They advise that you should expect and be prepared for an increase in phishing attacks. Phishing is when someone sends you a deceptive email in an attempt to steal information or infect your computer with malware.
- The OCIE Lays Out Six Examination Priorities for 2019January 11, 2019
Every year, the SEC’s Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (OCIE) publishes a report listing their priorities for upcoming examinations. For 2019, they will focus their attention on six categories.
- Cybersecurity for Investment Partnerships, Private Equity and Real Estate Funds - Responding to a Growing ThreatJuly 30, 2018
Investment partnerships, private equity and real estate funds are tempting targets for cybercriminals thanks to their financial assets, sensitive customer information, and access to institutional counterparts. And the threat is growing quickly. Recent studies report that fifty five percent of limited partners in private equity funds expect a serious cyberattack on their firms within the next five years. How can you keep your fund safe? Let’s take a look at the current threats and latest recommendations from the SEC.
- COVID-19 Update Center
The Anchin COVID-19 Update Center is available to simplify your access to critical financial information. It is updated regularly to supplement your communications with your
- Phillip Ross, Leader of Anchin's Architecture and Engineering Industry GroupMay 9, 2020
Phillip Ross shares how his group's value-added expertise differentiates it in the marketplace.
- Tab Bradshaw - Chief Operating Officer at Redpoint CybersecurityMay 9, 2020
Tab Bradshaw explains the three core services that set Redpoint apart from other firms.