The Anchin Executive Network (AEN) is a multi-dimensional networking initiative that is built to assist executive-level finance and accounting professionals with whom Anchin has a relationship. Through AEN's contacts and clients, executive level professionals will have access to new opportunities, educational and professional development, and exclusive networking events and content.
Who is the Anchin Executive Network?
AEN is comprised of senior-level finance and accounting professionals who we have established a relationship with including clients, alumni, former clients and others who have been introduced to us through our current business networks.
New Career Opportunities
The Anchin Executive Network will provide opportunities that are limited to members of the program. Due to our close, consultative relationship with hundreds of growing tri-state area companies, we will be able to provide direct access to executives searching for new financial professionals to join their management teams. Your membership will include bimonthly electronic newsletters with a variety of executive positions and relevant resources. Our goal is to help you find the position you’re looking for, while serving as a bridge to Anchin’s clients and friends.
Educational and Professional Development
AEN will provide complementary continuing professional education classes and resources for members of AEN. We will provide educational opportunities through our CPE for CFOs program, along with our industry-focused teams, producing live seminars and events, webinars, and presentations exclusively for members. Topics will include financial and business reporting, taxation, and other hot button financial issues currently affecting the business community. Anchin is certified to provide continuing professional education credits.
Exclusive Networking Events and Content
AEN has many long time established relationships in the business community and this will serve as a resource for its members. Anchin hosts dozens of industry events per year and members of AEN will have access to these networking opportunities. AEN will also hold periodical networking events focused on bringing together tri-state region finance and accounting executives. Additionally, AEN members will have unique access to thought leadership and other content produced by Anchin and its affiliates.
- Controller (Retail - Wholesale) – Monmouth County, NJ
Location: Monmouth County, NJ
Manage the accuracy and productivity of day- to -day accounting activities of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing and General Ledger in a high volume, fast paced organization. Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and maintaining internal controls, financial policies, and reporting systems. Utilize and maximize SAP S4 Financial systems.
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
• Oversee processing of high volume of invoices. Ensure weekly billings to customers are timely and accurate
• Maintain and distribute accurate subledgers and agings
• Ensure all invoices are paid timely and coded properly.
• Maintain receivable agings at 90+% current. Make sure all short pays and credit requests are reconciled and processed timely and accurately.
• Establish and maintain controls that ensure that merchandise purchases are billed to customers timely and accurately- Warehouse, DSD, direct shipments, EDI
• Interface with internal departments (Advertising, IT, Insurance, Treasury, Business Development ) to maintain timely and accurate billing of non-merchandise/service charges to stores.
General Ledger and Financial Reporting
• Oversee Period End closings and creation of management reporting package, including variance analysis to budget and prior year. Review of all journal entries and account reconciliations. Adhere to deadlines to publish flash and final reporting
• Reconcile department sales and income reporting to period end financial statements.
• Prepare end of quarter covenant compliance package, and monthly balance reporting for banking group
• Direct year-end financial audit. Ensure all reconciliations and analyses are prepared, reviewed, and shared timely and accurately. Assist outside auditors with preparation of consolidated financial statements and footnotes
• Maintenance of multiple company Trial Balances and explanation of variances vs. prior period/prior year/quarter/budget.
• Manage tax compliance for Payroll filings, sales tax, and income tax
• Coordinate accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
• Demonstrate a solid understanding and foundation of GAAP and make accounting and reporting recommendations as needed
• Is capable of working in a reactionary environment and has the ability to manage several different tasks at the same time.
• Prepares/Creates ad-hoc reports to support all business functions and decision making as needed.
• Maintains optimal financial staff by recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, training, coaching and counseling.
• Prepares and presents financial reports to organization, board, members, vendors, banks, staff
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting
• CPA preferred
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years public accounting (Audit) experience plus 5-10 years of accounting management experience in a fast paced, high volume environment
• Intimate knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point; knowledge of SAP (or other ERP package) preferred
• Thorough knowledge of GAAP
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
• Knowledge of profit & loss statement and balance sheet
• Well-organized and detail-oriented
• Highly accurate and analytical
• Must be a team player
• Ability to multitask in a high paced and high volume environment
Please send resume to Steve.Mandell@anchin.com