- Director of Accounting (Professional Services) - New York, NYadd
Location: New York, NY
Salary: 175K + Bonus
Anchin client has an opportunity for a Director of Accounting & HR to join a growing firm. This person will help execute the 5-year growth strategy and participate in assisting with a 10-year strategic plan. S/he will possess technical training and accuracy needed for the role and possess a strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial spirit.
This position is perfect for someone looking to have an integral role in the future growth of the company. Having a seat at the table, you will work closely with a dynamic leadership team as well as operations, technical and marketing departments. We will be looking to you to establish best practices for the accounting and HR department and create a department that supports our short-term needs and long-term growth. You will find a caring company culture that values teamwork, hard work, and a great attitude.
As the Director of Accounting & HR you will develop and manage the firm’s accounting best practices according to Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP). Provide leadership and guidance to the accounting department, overseeing the day-to-day Accounting and HR functions. Develop the accounting and HR processes and monthly schedule for accuracy and efficiency. Produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth. Manage the HR Benefits, Annual Renewals and Payroll Administration. Work in collaboration with the Project Accountants/Administrators, Project Managers and Marketing team.
· Oversee and manage HR and Accounting team of 4 -5 staff.
· Provide leadership that creates an environment of productivity and accuracy for daily and monthly Accounting and HR transactional activities.
· Develop close working relationships with outside consultants – including accountants, pension advisors and bank.
· Stay abreast of Industry standards related to public industry work and FAR regulations.
· Develop a strategy for go/no decisions related to negotiated OH rates/bill rates and project profitability.
· Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements including FAR.
· Process and maintain the requirements of all plan 401k, Safe Harbor, Defined Benefit contributions, loans, and vendor contracts.
· Collaborate with the firm’s CPA and executive team on year-end closing. Maintain and process estimated quarterly tax payments. (Federal, state and local)
· Establish financial and operating benchmarks, annual budgets, KPIs, (Overhead and Utilization Rates, Project Profitability) other financial monitoring and monthly reporting.
· Develop and monitor internal controls for the receipt of revenue and expenses, organizational budgets vs. actual expenditures and overhead rates. Report all variances in monthly senior management meeting.
· Conduct annual Inventory of all assets for proper recording. Develop a workflow to monitor and reconcile the firm’s fixed assets and schedules of depreciation.
· Conduct Month End and Year Closing: Reconciliation General Ledger and Sub Ledger accounts. Identify and resolve all discrepancies.
· Prepare Internal Financial Statements, Analysis and updated Budget to Actual reporting for Senior Management.
· Establish and maintain Financial and Project reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
· Develop and maintain annual review of HR policies and procedures. Evaluate and monitor all HR regulations for compliance.
· Maintain the current Accounting, HR and Payroll systems for accurate processing of accounting transactions, new hire, payroll.
· Collaborate with the firm’s Marketing and Project Accounting/Administration team to ensure best pricing and monitor contract/project performance.
· Coordinate with the Project Accounting/Administration team and Project manager to ensure project billing and client invoice accuracy.
· Implement and manage consistent accounting and HR policies, practices, and procedures.
· Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows.
· Provide HR oversight and guidance to the HR Generalist/Recruiter including HRIS automation.
· Develop strategy for applicant tracking system and oversee implementation
· Recommend and oversee recruitment strategies
· Manage annual renewals of benefits, employee handbook, bonus compensation plans and other activities
· MUST have experience working for an Architect or Engineering firm.
· Proven AEC industry experience, preferably in a senior role. Experience within a HR department or managed HR team members.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
· 10+ years proven accounting experience at a senior level
· Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis and reporting
· Proven payroll and HR experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes
· Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
· Deltek Ajera, Bamboo and Paychex experience (preferred)
· Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
· Well-organized, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
· A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic
Please send resume to [email protected]
- CFO (Textiles / Manufacturing) - Northern, NJadd
Location: Northern, NJ
Salary: 225K + Bonus
The CFO will direct all financial activities of the organization and ensure its long-term financial strength and viability. The CFO will work closely with the CEO to inform them about the financial position of the company and provide recommendations regarding significant financial decisions.
- Manages the financial and operational functions of the Company including accounting and reporting, logistics, and human resources.
- Develops and maintains relationships with third parties such as auditors, financial service providers and tax consultants.
- Coordinates and oversees financial audits.
- Provides corporate executives with direction and management of the companies’ financial strategy and business planning as well as accurate, timely and relevant management and financial information.
- Build on existing finance function capabilities in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, and metrics reporting/analysis.
- Direct responsibility for the preparation of all financial reports, include income statements, balance sheets and statements of cash flow and other required reports for internal and external use.
- IT development systems knowledge.
- Accountable for developing departmental budgets, budget centralization.
- Corporate cost center analysis.
- Managing various Banking relationships and lines of Credit.
- Knowledge of FX (foreign currency –Euro), manage the short and long term currency needs via hedging strategies. (Currency is the biggest driver of company’s profitability).
- Managing the budgeting, strategy, execution and monitoring of exchange rates.
- Experience in M&A analysis and Private Equity funding.
- Implementing Business Process Improvement.
- Management of reporting systems, including building dashboards for suite of financial reporting.
- Risk Management.
- Knowledge of insurance and benefits.
- Inventory control.
- Overseeing supplier bill-backs, revenue generator.
- Bottom line accountability.
- SKU-level reporting.
- Develop revenue and cost matrix that include all aspects of the industry including costs per case, per person, per state, per region; manufacturing costing such as bottling, raw materials, dry goods.
- Operation analysis/ costing / benchmarking.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in accounting
- Strong audit background
- Deep knowledge of system implementation and integration: ERP
- Excellent communication with the ability to work with all of the organization
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to drive results
- Sound business judgement
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment without large corporate infrastructure
- Superior organizational skills, detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft office
- Industrial manufacturing or textile industry knowledge preferred
Please send resume to [email protected]
- Controller (Apparel / Wholesale) - New York, NYadd
Location: New York, NY
Salary: 150K + Bonus
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will be responsible for managing the daily accounting activities of an apparel design and manufacturing company that offers a wide variety of private label, branded, and licensed products. The Controller will supervise three direct reports and oversee a department of eight.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan and direct all accounting functions
- Oversee Accounts Payable and ensuring timely processing of all invoices, including raw materials, finished goods merchandise and Fedex.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable function ensuring timely collection of customer accounts and efficient processing of chargebacks
- Plan and direct the month-end closing, including:
- Inventory reconciliations
- Operating expenses
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Inventory and accounts receivable reserves
- Gross margin analyses
- Financial reporting
- Royalty calculations and reporting
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Cash management
- Daily review of receipts, payments and cash borrowing needs
- Account transfers, wire transfers and Bill-Pay
- Weekly cash flow projections
- Manage the annual financial statement and bank audits
- Ad hoc reporting and analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA a plus
- Minimum seven years of progressive accounting experience with at least three years as a supervisor/manager of staff.
- Ability to manage and mentor a staff
- Ability to work independently and with other departments
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be systems savvy, must have the ability to understand the flow of financial information through systems and must have the ability to apply technology to improve processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic and/or Bluecherry systems a plus
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Please send resume to [email protected]
- Controller (Food Production) - Mount Vernon, NYadd
Location: Mount Vernon, NY
Salary: 145K + Bonus
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as an Accounting Manager or Controller of a small manufacturing business, ideally in the food industry.
- Very fluent with ERP and advanced accounting software.
- Strong knowledge of cost accounting and production variance analysis.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and has the skills necessary to help the organization develop into a more professionally managed company.
- Strong sense of job ownership coupled with a solid team orientation.
- Computer (very strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly Excel).
- Listening skills (listen first, then respond).
- Writing skills (clear and effective letters and reports).
- Intellectual horsepower (highly analytical & strategic).
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills (high EQ).
- Influencing (proven ability to persuade others towards an idea or goal).
- Complex problem-solving (create options, then converge).
- Innovative and creative thinking (need fresh thinking).
- Highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time).
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution).
Accounting and Finance
- Oversee Accounts Receivable, including managing the accounting manager activities, to ensure policies and procedures are being followed and inform the President of any variances from plan.
- Oversee Accounts Payable, including managing the accounting manager activities, to ensure policies and procedures are being followed and inform the President of any variances from plan.
- Oversee Weekly Cash Flow Report for President and strategic advisor
- Establish appropriate internal controls throughout the company (i.e. PO, Inventory, etc.) and work with management and employees to ensure they are being followed
- Manage accounting manager and other administrative staff personnel to ensure they fulfill their respective responsibilities
- Prepare Month-End Closing Reports by the 15th of the following month, including:
- Profit & Loss – EOM and YTD, including variance analysis reports
- Balance Sheet – EOM and YTD, including variance analysis reports
- Prepare Quarterly and Year End Reports as required
- Work with management to formalize and standardize procedures in order to improve accuracy and efficiency throughout the company
- Work with President and strategic advisor to manage annual budget process, including updating and revising the Pro Forma model as needed
- Manage the semi-annual costing process
- Manage financial and accounting activities in order to help the company adhere to the budget and notify President and strategic advisor if there are any anticipated variances.
- Assist in the Product Development process from a cost analysis point of view
- Work directly with CPA firm in all tax preparations
- Meet with President and strategic advisor each month and review financial performance
- Perform variance financial analysis as is required to support other functional areas of the company (i.e. COGS, warehousing/logistics, etc.)
- Align Human Resources strategy with business goals to build and sustain a high performance culture with people who are smart, innovative and committed to excellence.
- Manage all Human Resources functions including talent management (recruiting, development, learning, performance management, succession planning); compensation and rewards; employee relations; driving integration between people and corporate goals.
- Manage and develop relationships with vendors of Human Resources products and services.
- Process employee onboarding and off boarding
- Process weekly payroll
- Research, develop, evaluate and adopt appropriate new technologies to revolutionize our business capabilities and align with the broader corporate goals
- Integrate evolutionary technologies to enhance our current systems
- Maintain and optimize our current infrastructure
Please send resume to [email protected]