- State and Local Tax Considerations During the Pandemic: What A&E Firm Executives Need to Know1/27/2021
Join Anchin and ACEC New York for a timely webinar on the Business and State Tax Implications of remote working during the pandemic and New York State’s changes in Pass-Through Entity Taxes. This webinar will help both owners and individuals understand the wide range of state tax issues and new developments.
- Anchin Future Forward 2021: How the Real Estate, Design and Construction Industries Have Adapted Through COVID And Beyond2/10/2021
The virtual conference will welcome New York’s leading real estate owners, developers, construction executives and other key business decision makers to explore the changing industry and trends.
- MWBE Compliance: Trends That Contractors Need To Know1/14/2021
The Eastern Contractors Association, Anchin, and Peckar & Abramson were pleased to host a discussion on Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) compliance and the important issues New York contractors need to consider.
- Anchin Executive Forum: What You Need to Know to Prepare for 202112/17/2020
Latest session: Key Tax Updates for the New Year
- COVID-19: Business and Individual State Tax Implications12/15/2020
Our expert speakers were pleased to present a timely webinar on Business and Individual State Tax Implications as a result of remote working during the pandemic.
- PPP Loan Forgiveness: Answers to Your Most Frequently Asked Questions12/14/2020
In this webinar, members of Anchin’s COVID-19 Resource Team addressed some of your most frequently asked questions and offer best practices.
- Anchin's Architecture, Engineering and Construction Tax Planning Update12/11/2020
Thank you for joining our virtual Architecture, Engineering and Construction Tax Planning Update. As this year comes to a close, there is even more uncertainty surrounding taxes due to the election. Now is the time to start planning for tax changes while there is still time to act in 2020.
- OPG and Anchin Hedge Fund Year End Tax Planning12/11/2020
George Teixeira (Partner, Tax Leader of Financial Services) and others discussed year end tax topics.
- Financial Services Coffee Chat: Year-End Tax Planning12/9/2020
As this year of uncertainty comes to a close, we were pleased to hold a virtual panel event on Financial Services tax planning.
- Recently Issued Proposed Carried Interest Regulations – Are you prepared?11/18/2020
On July 31, the IRS released proposed Treasury Regulations (the “Proposed Regulations”) interpreting the three-year holding period for long-term capital gains applicable to investment managers under Section 1061 of the Internal Revenue Code (“Section 1061”). On November 18, SS&C, Anchin, Seward and Kissel LLP, and the Law Offices of Thomas D. Sykes PLLC teamed up to provide a background on the 1061 regulations, some of the open issues, and investment managers’ possible responses.
- Anchin's Virtual State of the Construction Industry Event - Understanding the Outlook for Key Sectors11/12/2020
On November 12, 2020, Anchin hosted our 15th annual State of the Construction Industry event. This virtual event was presented in cooperation with the New York Building Congress (NYBC), the American Council of Engineering Companies of New York (ACEC New York), the American Institute of Architects - New York Chapter (AIA New York) and the Subcontractors Trade Association (STA).
- FRA's 12th Annual Private Investment Fund Tax & Accounting Forum11/12/2020
Anchin was proud to sponsor Foundation Research Associates' 12th Annual Private Investment Fund Tax & Accounting Forum: this year an interactive, live-streamed virtual forum chaired by E. George Teixeira, Tax Leader of Anchin's Financial Services Practice & Leader of Anchin's Private Equity Group, that took place November 12-13, 2020.
- Highlights from Anchin’s 2020 “Virtual State of the Food and Beverage Industry” Event 10/1/2020
On October 1, 2020, we had the pleasure of hosting a virtual iteration of our annual “State of the Food and Beverage Industry” event for our friends in F&B located throughout the country. We are delighted to share some key takeaways from the program with you.
- Shift from Reactive Incident Response to Proactive Security Validation9/29/2020
With penetration testing being the most common practice for validation, Redpoint Cybersecurity and Pcysys partnered to introduce a combined approach of automation and expert analysis that enables enterprises to continuously prove and improve their cyber resilience
- ACEC New York - Benchmarking and the Industry Evolution: Where We Were and Where We Are Going9/29/2020
ACEC New York, in collaboration with Anchin, presented a virtual program, "Benchmarking and the Industry Evolution," looking at prior collected data through the lens of current events and the outlook for the coming year.
- How to Make and Substantiate a Business Interruption/ Extra Expense Claim8/13/2020
Anchin and Greyling presented an interactive webinar on How to Make and Substantiate a Business Interruption/Extra Expense Claim as a result of COVID-19, a cyber attack, or natural disaster.
- Celebrating Women Leadership in Consumer Products10/17/2019
Thanks to everyone who joined our discussion with Divya Gugnani (Co-Founder and CEO of Wander Beauty), Maureen Lippe (CEO and Founder of Lippe Taylor), Lucy Wallace Eustice (Co-Founder of MZ Wallace) and Estelle Bailey-Babenzien (Co-Founder, Interiors & Experience Designer of NOAH), moderated by Carolyn Sekosan (Director, Consumer Products Group at Anchin).
- Celebrating Women Leadership in Consumer Products5/9/2019
Thanks to everyone who joined us for a lively discussion with Kathleen King (Entrepreneur and Founder of Tate’s Bake Shop), Melissa Facchina (Founder and CEO of Siddhi Shot) and Lauren Jupiter (Managing Partner of AccelFoods), moderated by Megan Klingbeil (Partner, Consumer Products Group at Anchin).