Articles & Alerts
Anchin announces MTA New York City Transit President, Carmen Bianco, as Keynote Speaker for the New York Construction Awards on June 11, 2015
Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP host of the annual New York Construction Awards, is proud to announce Carmen Bianco, President of Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) New York City Transit, as keynote speaker for the event. The New York Construction Awards will take place on June 11, 2015 at Club 101 in New York City.
Mr. Bianco, a 30-year veteran of the transportation industry, has served as President of the MTA since April 2014, and previously served as Senior Vice President of the Department of Subways, overseeing the entire subway system since 2010. From 1991 to 1995, he was the head of New York City Transit’s Department of System Safety and has also held senior safety positions at Amtrak and NJ Transit.
Presented in cooperation with the New York Building Congress (NYBC) and industry partners, American Council of Engineering Companies of New York (ACEC-NY) and the American Institute of Architects New York Chapter (AIA-NY), this event is designed to highlight Construction, Design, and Development industry leaders while providing an incredible opportunity to network with other industry colleagues and professionals.
Applications for award submissions began in March 2015 and include five categories:
- The Industry Impact Awards will be geared towards industry leaders who have had a transformational effect on the New York metropolitan area, have had a substantial economic impact on construction in New York, have created jobs, and/or have worked on a unique and/or innovative
- The Legacy Award will honor a company that has developed and grown over multiple generations, displaying sustained fiscal strength, longevity and stability.
- The Rising Star Awards will recognize Construction and Design stars based on accelerated growth, highlighting the industries’ fastest growing companies.
- The Outstanding Public Service Award will celebrate an outstanding company who has contributed significantly to New York and its communities.
- The Outstanding MWBE Award will recognize a growing MWBE company in Construction or Design.