Partner, Leader of Anchin Private Client
Jared Feldman, CPA, is a partner at Anchin and Co-Practice Leader of the Firm's Private Client Group. He specializes in providing a wide array of accounting, tax and advisory services for family offices, financial service executives, real estate developers, entertainment professionals, busy owners of privately held companies and wealthy individuals. He focuses on the accounting, tax, and business issues his clients face, including the ever-changing tax and regulatory landscape, estate planning, philanthropic and next generation planning, and business consulting.
Prior to joining the Private Client Group, Jared spent 11 years in Anchin’s audit and accounting department in addition to one year performing mergers and acquisitions advisory services to middle market companies.
Jared acts as a personal CFO to a broad range of clients. For both single- and multi-family offices, Jared and the Anchin team of seasoned professionals handle day-to-day functions such as bill payment services, tax reporting and payroll, as well as long-term tax planning and personal and business accounting issues. Working with other professionals as well as partners within the Firm, Jared provides seamless service in the areas of philanthropic gifting strategies, wealth transfer to future generations, internal control reviews and risk management. Jared co-hosted Anchin’s Women’s Financial Forum, a full-day conference for high net worth women, and Anchin’s Next Generation Financial Boot Camp, focused on the education of young adults of high net worth families.
Anchin’s Private Client Group develops long-term relationships and often operates as a member of the family office or management team. Jared works well with the client’s existing team of investment, legal and insurance advisors to provide the best combination of service and advice in the marketplace, resulting in fewer worries, better decisions and ultimately, greater overall advice.
- Family Office Support and Business Management
- Private Client
- Tax Planning and Compliance
- Time is (Like) Money - How to Make Sure You Have EnoughJune 1, 2021
Successful people have busy lives. Entrepreneurs, C-Level and financial service executives’ days (and nights) are filled with making important business decisions and attending client, investor and board meetings. They typically have a sophisticated and complicated financial picture. weekends creating spreadsheets to track investments and personal financial obligations should not be the reward for creating multi-generational wealth.
- High Commitment to Clients' Needs Delivers ResultsMay 6, 2021
Anchin Private Client is honored to have been named “Best Tax Advisor” by the 8th annual Family Wealth Report Awards. This piece shares some thoughts from Jared Feldman, Leader of Anchin Private Client, on what makes the team successful and pays tribute to the many people, both within Anchin and among our clients’ other trusted advisors, that make excellent client service possible.
- Keep it All in the Family: Make Sure You are Properly Planning for Your Vacation HomeApril 29, 2021
Without a solid plan and ground rules that all family members agree to, conflict and tension may result in a ruined vacation — or worse yet, having to sell the home.
- Are You Rich? How the Wealthy Are DefinedJuly 20, 2020
"Wealth should make it easier to stop working if you want to or need to, and ensure that your standard of living can be matched or exceeded by your heirs," says Jared Feldman, CPA, partner and leader of Anchin Private Client. How much money do you need to be rich? According to respondents of a 2019 Modern Wealth Survey from Charles Schwab, once you have $2.3 million in personal net worth, you can call yourself wealthy.
- How to invest in real estate without buying a houseDecember 7, 2019
Americans love investing in real estate. When asked their preferred way to invest money they won’t need for more than 10 years, Americans’ No. 1 choice is real estate. And yet there are many challenges to owning a house or rental property. But what if you could invest in real estate without ever buying a physical property?
- Ultra-rich Americans are selling off luxury real estate faster than they're snapping it up, and it's not the only change they're making to their portfolios as recession fears lingerSeptember 19, 2019
Jared Feldman, Co-Leader of Anchin Private Client, says his clients are continuing to make such investments and taking advantage of discounted opportunities.
- Estate Planning for Single Parents Requires Special ConsiderationsMay 31, 2019
While estate planning for single parents is similar to estate planning for families with two parents, when only one parent is involved, certain aspects demand special attention.
- Automatic Extension Available for Making Portability ElectionJanuary 31, 2019
An unfortunate reality about outliving a spouse is that during the time when the pain and grief are very new, important financial and estate planning activities must be carried out. Often times, even when careful plans are made, some details get lost in the shuffle. One item that sometimes goes unnoticed that also has a limited window of opportunity is the portability election.
- The Rise of Impact InvestingNovember 30, 2018
Investors are increasingly spending more time thinking about what their investments will mean for the world instead of just their portfolio. Yet for all the interest in impact investing, many are unsure of what it is and how to get involved, should they deem it is appropriate for their investment portfolio.
- Key Considerations for Settling a Loved One’s EstateOctober 31, 2018
The loss of a loved one is an emotionally taxing event. While family and friends come together to grieve and support one another, a death also prompts action for settling of the estate. A family member may end up as the executor or executrix but not have the professional background that would lend itself to the role. Considering the following items will help alleviate some of the difficulties that may arise when executing an estate.
- Tips for Minding the House During a Summer Away June 28, 2018
Families will want to make sure they take proper care of their primary residence so that they do not find any unpleasant surprises awaiting them when they return from the summer break.
- Building Ownership and Compliance in New York CityApril 30, 2018
Whether they live in the building or rent it out, building owners in New York City are responsible for following the city codes to ensure the safety of residents and the surrounding areas.
- Cruising the Friendly Skies: Own or Charter Your Own Plane?November 30, 2017
For people who travel frequently for business and pleasure, owning a private jet may feel like a necessity. However, outright ownership may not be the best option.
- Anchin Private Client Wins NYSSCPA Family Office Cup for Second Consecutive YearAugust 14, 2017
Anchin Private Client, the preeminent accounting, tax and consulting firm for high net worth individuals, families, and family offices has captured the New York State Society of CPAs’ annual Family Office Cup for the second consecutive year. Anchin Private Client, a specialized group within New York-based accounting firm Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP, developed the winning presentation based on the topic of “Family Legacy.”
- The Remodeling of the Luxury HomeJuly 31, 2017
The accumulation of wealth is often followed by the acquisition of more than one luxury property. Spending time and entertaining guests at a vacation or primary home becomes a source of pride and enjoyment for many families. To maximize their enjoyment in the time spent at each property, there is a trend of families reimagining the design of the luxury home, and remodeling it based on the latest trends.
- Haven’t Updated Your Estate Plan in a While? It’s time.July 26, 2017
Co-Leader of Anchin Private Client, Jared Feldman, discusses the financial complexity and emotional issues around estate planning.
- Will Millennials Be Ready for the Great Wealth Transfer?July 18, 2017
Co-Leader of Anchin Private Client, Jared Feldman, comments on the different approaches families take to educating their children about wealth and the importance of preparation.
- Your Child’s Tuition Is Paid While You’re in TahitiJune 16, 2017
Co-Leader of Anchin Private Client, Jared Feldman, explains how high-net worth individuals can best manage their personal affairs while on extended vacations.
- Trends in Portfolio DiversificationMay 30, 2017
Real estate, private equity and hedge funds were once a main haven for investors who were looking to diversify their portfolios, but today’s high net worth families are also looking to other asset classes such as cryptocurrencies, farmland and timber to invest their money.
- Are you a member of the Sandwich Generation?April 28, 2017
Five critical steps for adult children to take when handling the financial affairs of their parents
- Planning Ahead by Looking Back and Using the Team of AdvisorsNovember 29, 2016
High net worth families must always have someone minding the store in order to make sure important items aren’t missed.
- Fourth-quarter tax strategiesOctober 31, 2016
Jared Feldman, Co-Leader of Anchin Private Client, points out some tax issues that may confront high earning individuals.
- Do’s and Don’ts of Investing in Private Companies September 20, 2016
Jared Feldman, Co-Leader of Anchin Private Client, advises on the danger of investing based on personal relationships.
- Looking Beyond Brexit: Planning for What May Come NextJune 30, 2016
The chief challenge to consider is the heaping dose of uncertainty that has suddenly been thrust into the political and economic global scene. Uncertainty is unsettling.
- Anchin Private Client appoints Jared Feldman as Co-Practice LeaderMarch 30, 2016
Anchin appoints Jared Feldman as Co-Practice Leader of Anchin Private Client, a specialty group devoted to working with affluent clients.
- Identity Fraud Most Common Among High Net-Worth IndividualsOctober 23, 2015
High net-worth individuals have access to a lot more financial protection than the rest of the population, but that doesn’t make them immune to fraud in the least.
- How to Maintain Your Wealth Once You’ve Attained ItOctober 13, 2015
Even you get rich easily, maintaining those riches and turning them into lasting wealth is far more difficult.
- Company Profile: Anchin Private Client's Personal CFO ApproachOctober 1, 2015
Perceptions of family offices – including what they are and who needs or has one – have changed quite dramatically over the past decade to include a much broader spectrum of wealthy individuals.
- You’ve Won Big -- What Will That Windfall Cost You in Taxes?May 11, 2015
So you cleaned up at the casino, finally had that winning lottery ticket pay off or were the last person with his hand on the truck at the mall this weekend. What’s that "free" gift going to cost you?
- Rising StarsApril 1, 2013
In its inaugural ‘Rising Stars’ list, PAM details the wealth management and family office industry's brightest emerging players
- Anchin Webinar: A Wake Up Call: Some of the Eye-Opening and Under-Publicized Impacts of the TCJAFebruary 27, 2018
In this recorded webinar, Anchin Private Client assembled a panel of professionals to discuss some of the most impactful changes, share insight on common misconceptions and misunderstandings uncovered in our conversations with clients and contacts, and address questions from attendees.
- Anchin Private Client Presents: The Benefits of a Personal CFOJune 6, 2017
Anchin Partner and Private Client Co-Leader Jared Feldman discusses the complex issues that often accompany tremendous wealth for high net worth individuals and families, and the reasons why many HNW individuals and families choose to work with an outsourced accountant or a personal CFO.