Private equity firms of all sizes have continued to show a growing interest in middle market companies. An effective strategy in dealing with complex activities involved in the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) process is essential. With over 90 years of experience serving middle market companies, Anchin specializes in responding to the individual needs of private equity firms and portfolio companies. We know where the issues are and the importance of having a dedicated team by your side every step of the way. Our single-office firm allows for efficient access to all of our resources, enabling us to deliver consistently superior work to our clients in a timely manner. Our team of experienced professionals provides in-depth industry knowledge while recognizing that each transaction is unique.
The members of Anchin’s Private Equity Industry Group understand the complications involved in transitioning a newly acquired company to a professionally managed organization. Understanding your investment strategy and knowing your company and team members is one of our specialties. Our team has the pertinent skills and expertise to help you succeed.
Anchin’s Private Equity Industry Group’s expertise extends to many industries, including:
- Food and beverage
- Public relations and advertising
- Construction, architecture and engineering
- Services, transportation and logistics
- Consumer products
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Real estate
- Financial services
- Audit and accounting services
- Business valuations
- Closing/Opening balance sheet audits and net working capital (NWC) review
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Common stock valuations for 409A purposes
- Evaluation of historical and projected cash flows
- Tax, financial, and accounting due diligence
- IT assessment and consulting
- IPO readiness
- Tax services including the implementation of risk management and corporate governance best practices along with timely schedule K-1 delivery
- Purchase price allocation, impairment analyses, and purchase price disputes
- Tax attribute preservation
- Tax planning and structuring
- General advice on accounting for M&A transaction
- Quality of earnings evaluation
- Finally Some Digestible Meal and Entertainment GuidanceOctober 3, 2018
On October 3rd, the Internal Revenue Service released Notice 2018-76 providing transitional guidance on how the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act changes to the deductibility of Entertainment expense affects the 50% deductibility of business Meals that taxpayers and professionals had been hungering for. While the guidance is transitional, it provides clarity on some of the issues we had previously provided comments on:
- In Today’s Food And Beverage Industry, Investment Rules Are Getting StaleAugust 29, 2018
Greg Wank, Leader of Anchin's Food and Beverage Industry Practice, on the changing rules of food and beverage industry investment.
- Cybersecurity for Investment Partnerships, Private Equity and Real Estate Funds - Responding to a Growing ThreatJuly 30, 2018
Investment partnerships, private equity and real estate funds are tempting targets for cybercriminals thanks to their financial assets, sensitive customer information, and access to institutional counterparts. And the threat is growing quickly. Recent studies report that fifty five percent of limited partners in private equity funds expect a serious cyberattack on their firms within the next five years. How can you keep your fund safe? Let’s take a look at the current threats and latest recommendations from the SEC.
- Anchin offers analysis of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in relation to the value of equity interestsJune 21, 2018
Hedgeweek highlights our analysis of how the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will impact the value of equity interests, and why the potential impact could be very different than what many experts expect.
- Did the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 Increase the Value of Equity Interests?May 22, 2018
At first glance, a business or equity owner might conclude that the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (the “Act”) increased the value of equity interests by 20% upon its signing by the President. By cutting corporate level taxes, the value of any business would, on the surface, immediately rise. However, the answer is not so straightforward.
- Impact of the Recent Tax Reform on the Private Equity IndustryMay 15, 2018
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (the “Tax Act”), which was signed into law on December 22, enacted a broad range of changes with most provisions taking effect for tax years beginning after December 31, 2017. This alert summarizes some of the key (federal) tax provisions of the Tax Act affecting the private equity industry.
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Substantially Limits Meals and Entertainment DeductionFebruary 14, 2018
The 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act introduced some significant limitations to the meals and entertainment deduction. The new law makes two major changes to the meals and entertainment rules, which can impact your business.
- The big question about the Dr Pepper Snapple-Keurig merger—why?January 31, 2018
Greg Wank, Leader of Anchin's Food and Beverage Industry Practice, says Dr. Pepper needs to diversify its product offerings to keep up with consumer tastes.
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Key provisions affecting Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds and Other Investment Funds or Fund VehiclesJanuary 17, 2018
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (the “Tax Act”), which was signed into law on December 22, 2017, enacts a broad range of changes with most provisions taking effect for tax years beginning after December 31, 2017. This alert summarizes some of the key (federal) tax provisions of the Tax Act affecting managers of hedge funds, private equity funds and other investment funds or fund vehicles.
- How Does Tax Reform Impact You?
Examining Home Mortgage Interest and Home Equity Loan Interest Deductibility under the TCJA11/30/2018 Opportunity Zone Proposed Regulations Issued: What Was Answered10/22/2018 Finally Some Digestible Meal and Entertainment