Steven D. Lando
Steven Lando, CPA, is a partner at Anchin and the Tax Partner-in-Charge of Anchin’s Law Firms Industry Group. Steven's expertise is in the area of tax planning and compliance, specializing in income and estate tax planning, wealth preservation, and compliance for federal, international, state and local taxes. His practice consists of law firms and attorneys, high net worth families, and a diverse group of business enterprises including hedge funds, acquisition companies, technology businesses, real estate owners and developers throughout the United States and in other various countries.
Steven has consulted with numerous groups and law firms on minimizing tax consequences of converting from a PC to an LLP, on establishing sophisticated pension plans to maximize owner contributions without undue burden on the business, on mergers & acquisitions, and on tax planning for investment decisions.
Steven has lectured to members of banks, law firms, real estate companies and most recently presented on “The State of State and Local Taxation and How it Impacts Your Law Firm” to the ALA. He has written for publications such as the New York Law Journal and Law Office Administrator. He has served on the State and Local, and Interstate Taxation Committees of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) for a number of years.
- Tax Planning and Compliance
- Law Firms
- Life Sciences
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Real Estate
- Is the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (“TCJA”) Eating Law Firms Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners?July 11, 2018
The TCJA made significant changes to the Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”) regarding business deductions involving not just entertainment but, in many aspects, employee benefits and traditional meals as well. These changes affect law firms and their clients regardless of entity type however, significant guidance is still needed from the IRS.
- New Tax Law Provides Potential Deferral Opportunity for Equity Compensation Granted by Privately Held CompaniesMarch 9, 2018
The recently passed Tax Cuts and Jobs Act has attempted to cure a common problem that employees of privately held companies encounter when certain types of equity compensation convert and become income.
- Hellenic Professionals Host US Tax Reform Panel DiscussionFebruary 17, 2018
The panel of experts, including Anchin Tax Partner Steven Lando, discussed the changes and the implications for 2018 for business, markets, and individuals.
- Taxes for LLC vs. C-Corp: Which is more beneficial for a Technology Company?December 14, 2017
When making the decision about the type of entity you will choose for your business, there are many factors that need to be considered. Whether it is legal structure and liability, current and future tax implications, set up and compliance costs, or flexibility and exit strategy, there are a variety of elements which will help guide the decision.
- Important Changes for the 2017 Tax Filing Season for all Calendar Year Law FirmsJanuary 5, 2017
The Highway Act legislation gave rise to sweeping changes for the 2017 tax season due dates for filing both original tax returns and extensions.
- ALA - The State of State and Local Taxation and How it Impacts Your Law FirmFebruary 20, 2014
PowerPoint Presentation to the Association of Legal Administrators
- Anchin Webinar: Tax Reform Discussion - How will the Bill Affect You? Get the Answers; Not Just the FactsJanuary 12, 2018
In this recorded webinar, Anchin assembled a panel of top professionals from varying viewpoints, including Real Estate, Financial Services, Professional Services, Technology, and Private Client to have a Q&A session on the effects of the new tax reform.