Although Anchin shares common goals and visions for the company, we are made up of unique people, many of whom speak several languages and come from all walks of life.
At Anchin, we encourage you to:
Our culture embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone belongs.
We strive to maintain the open culture often associated with a family business, in which everyone is a hands-on contributor and feels comfortable sharing ideas and opinions.
This is evident in the way in which we run our firm. From our open door policy to our electronic suggestion box, our people have a say in the management of the firm and this motivates them to take an active participatory role at the company.
As an accounting and consulting firm, we are a relationship business:
You and the Client
You and Outside Professionals
You and the Partner
You and the In-Charge
You and Your Peers
You and your Direct Reports
You and all Anchin personnel
- IT Department - Application Specialist
The Application Specialist’s role is to ensure efficient software operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving escalated end user help requests. Responsible for working with the business to design, develop, implement, integrate and support the firm’s applications. Also, is responsible for defining, documenting and implementing best practices and standards.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and will interface with all firm departments. The candidate must be able to efficiently listen and respond to business and technology objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of IT with an expertise in Accounting tax and audit.
- Strong project management, verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to oversee large scale projects with detailed designs and document business processes and procedures to coincide with project and firm expectations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take ownership of problems and/or issues and ensures timely resolution.
- Act as escalation point and mentor for junior level staff, providing direction and guidance when necessary.
- Advanced knowledge and applications troubleshooting with Accounting Industry specific applications such as CCH Engagement, CCH Axcess Tax, GoFileRoom, FirmFlow, Sureprep, PPC, CCH Knowledge Coach
- Assist with the maintenance of all business applications including regular updates, major version releases, new installations and bug fixes where needed.
- Must be able to learn and understand business processes as they relate to application usage, internal controls, security and technology.
- Troubleshoot, resolve escalated application incidents and problems; this includes acting as a point of escalation for support problems and incidents that are not able to be resolved by the Help Desk.
- Work directly with IT and management on new implementations and various project work.
- Assist and work with users with finding ways to utilize software and technology more effectively and securely.
- Evaluate/test new software and business solutions.
- Ensures data security and integrity for all firm applications
- Continually audit and monitor systems for deficiencies and perform necessary maintenance as required.
- Exercise independent judgment to analyze and diagnose application related problems and issues.
- Assist in application training of existing users and new employees.
- Explore new solutions, including testing, design, modifications and deployment required to meet the firm’s business requirements.
- Effectively communicate any updates, job status, and other information including but not limited to help desk cases, system problems, system development, new technology research and user issues.
- Respond to critical system or user issues outside of business hours in a timely fashion.
- Exhibit strong analytical, troubleshooting and organization skills.
- Able to work both independently and as a member within a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work related experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant job experience, ideally with prior experience working within the Accounting industry
- Knowledge of Tax and Assurance practices and workflows
- Experience with building dashboards or a deep understanding of Business Intelligence
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong project management, decision making and problem solving skills
- Superior teamwork skills
Please send resume to email@example.com.
- Outsourced Accounting - Assistant Controller
Great opportunity for an Accounting Manager or Supervisor with great QuickBooks skills to step up to an Assistant Controller position. Located in mid-town, the position requires an individual that can work in a fast paced, multi-entity environment. Candidate must have experience knowing how various account functions interact, reporting requirements to management and reporting norms for their industry specialty. This is an outsourced accounting role working for Anchin in serving clients as their in house Assistant Controller. Accordingly, having multi-entity experience is critical.
Must have a proven track record of working with teams on monthly closings, and have worked closely with small and mid-sized companies. Ideally a strong user of QuickBooks and other connected applications. Client base for the position is a diverse range of clients, although there is a preference to experience in professional services and/ or consumer products categories.
The role reports to the General Manager of the Outsourced Accounting Service practice. The role will manage staff accountants, many of whom are CPA’s. The practice is on track for dramatic growth and this role is critical to its success. This is an opportunity to get on the ground floor of this start up practice and grow to a Controller as the practice grows in upcoming years.
- Accounting degree.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks with 2 to 3 years of history. Experience of job accounting in a professional services environment is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Reliable and trusted employee that can run payroll responsibly. Payroll experience is a plus.
CPA, or CPA in progress is a plus
- Based on experience. Standard company health insurance, vacation, etc. are included and will be communicated into the interview process.
- Cover letter can be in the text of the email. The only requirement in the cover letter is a short explanation of experience with QuickBooks (i.e. amount of years, functions used (reporting, AP, Billing, bank rec, AMEX or Bank Feed imports, etc.)
- Accounting: 4 - 6 years
- QuickBooks: 2 - 3 years
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.