Olamide "Lami" Ajibesin
Managing Director - Transaction Advisory Services Practice
Lami Ajibesin, CPA, is Managing Director of Anchin’s Transaction Advisory Services practice. She has a passion for deals and has spent the last 15 years mastering various aspects of the deal continuum, including buy / sell-side mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure finance and private equity transactions.
Lami’s transaction size experience ranges from small transactions to those exceeding $1B. In the course of her career, Lami has executed more than 150 deals for private equity and strategic acquirers in a variety of industries, including consumer products, energy (E&P/Oil and Gas, Power), industrials, financial services and technology. She has advised on over $10 billion worth of private equity, strategic investments and secondary transactions including both LP-focused and GP-led mandates.
Prior to joining Anchin, Lami was a Director in the M&A - Transaction Advisory practice of Duff & Phelps, LLC and was in the deal advisory practice of KPMG LLP.
Lami is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Lami is also a board member of Equity Alliance, which promotes senior level diverse talent in financial services. She is also a member of the Association for Corporate Growth and Commercial Finance Association.
Lami received her MBA in finance from the University of Texas at Austin’s McCombs School of Business and her B.S. in accounting from the University of Lagos, Nigeria.
- Transaction Advisory - Due Diligence
- Consumer Products
- Private Equity
- The Mergers and Acquisitions Market is Bouncing Back!June 16, 2021
Deals are back in full force! Global M&A activity through May 2021 was over $1.0 trillion, compared to just $550 billion over the same period in 2020.
- Why Financial Advisors of Color MatterFebruary 10, 2021
Managing Director of Anchin’s TAS group, Olamide (Lami) Ajibesin was quoted in this piece speaking to the importance of diversity in the financial services industry.
- Anchin’s Olamide Ajibesin Named to 2021 Top 25 Most Influential Women in Mid-Market M&AFebruary 1, 2021
Mergers & Acquisitions names 2021 Top 25 Most Influential Women in Mid-Market M&A, including Anchin’s Olamide Ajibesin.
- Investing for the Future: Creating a Lasting Legacy for Investors in the New WorldNovember 2, 2020
Traditionally, investors have used fiscal indicators such as P/E ratios, debt-to-equity ratios, EBITDA and other metrics to make informed investment decisions. However, as the next generation takes over the investing mantle, there is a psychographic shift in investing behavior and more attention is being paid to the environmental, social and governance (ESG) effects of their choices. While a family should work with an investment advisor to determine the value of ESG investment options, below are data and other considerations to help frame the discussion surrounding the ESG investment world.
- Three Anchin Professionals Named to Crain’s New York Business 2020 List of Notable Women in Accounting and ConsultingOctober 8, 2020
Anchin is proud to recognize Lami Ajibesin, Mela Garber and Terry Pissi for being awarded inclusion on Crain’s Notable Women in Accounting and Consulting list for 2020.
- Credit managers to exploit market dislocations - firms raising capital and preparing to pounce on opportunities they see in distressed sectorsJuly 13, 2020
"We have a health crisis and an economic crisis and they go hand in hand... It's hard to predict where the markets are going to end up," said Olamide "Lami" Ajibesin.
- Cerberus Exits Albertsons via Discounted IPOJune 29, 2020
A reduced price for supermarket giant Albertsons Companies Inc. (ACI) by Cerberus Capital Management LP got the initial public offering from the supermarket giant to the finish line on Friday, June 26. Cerberus sold all 50 million shares in the IPO for the Boise, Idaho supermarket chain for $800 million in proceeds, about seven years after the New York private equity firm acquired the company.
- A Timely Message from Marc Federbush and Anchin’s Fashion GroupMay 26, 2020
In continuing to provide relevant and useful information with the fashion industry in mind, these pieces highlight M&A, which is widely predicted to bring about major, rapid changes in the fashion industry in the post-COVID landscape.
- Hunting Private Equity Opportunities In Stressed TimesMay 12, 2020
“There will be a lot of distressed assets coming up for sale,” Olamide "Lami" Ajibesin, who leads transaction advisory for Anchin, a public accounting firm in North America, said. She advises private and public clients on M&A and PE transactions (including secondaries) and strategic investments in energy (E&P/oil and gas, power), consumer products, industrials, financial services and technology, among other industries.
- How Blackstone Will Get Troubled Assets 'To the Other Side'April 29, 2020
Blackstone Group is using the new private equity playbook for sectors such as hospitality, retail, and entertainment hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic market –assessing damage and sorting through ways to get portfolio companies “to the other side.”
- M&As & Coronavirus - Focus on five steps to help you navigate the pandemicMarch 25, 2020
You decided to undergo an M&A transaction and finally signed an LOI, but now there is a pandemic. What do you do now?
- SEC Considers Opening Private Equity to Main Street Investors. Good Idea?December 3, 2019
Private equity has been one of the top performing asset classes over the past decade. However, due to current regulations, the typical American investor hasn’t been able to participate in these gains. That could change soon. Earlier this year, the SEC asked for public comment about whether it should open private equity investments to retail investors. Here are some of the pros and cons of the agency doing so.
- Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP Bolsters its Advisory Offering with a Key Addition to the Firm - A Leader of its New Transaction Advisory Services PracticeJanuary 8, 2019
Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP is pleased to welcome Olamide (Lami) Ajibesin to the firm as a Managing Director to lead its Transaction Advisory Services – Due Diligence Practice.