Anchin professionals take service to a whole new level by offering an array of resources for today's Family Office Support and Business Management client.
- The philosophy of our Family Office Support and Business Management services team is to use a holistic approach that is valued by our clients as well as their attorneys, bankers and advisors.
- Our goal is to simplify our clients’ lives, allowing them to better pursue their interests and passions.
- We have provided Family Office Support and Business Management services for decades. The majority of our new clients come from referrals from existing clients, attorneys and investment advisors.
- Our accounting systems provide clients with customized reporting in a secure, controlled environment.
- We have earned an impeccable reputation thanks to a team of professionals dedicated to exceeding our clients’ expectations.
- Payment of bills and vendor liaison
- Financial and tax planning
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Trust and estate planning
- Preparation of tax returns
- Coordination of insurance needs with clients’ insurance brokers
- Coordination of tax strategies with investment advisors
- Assistance with medical insurance reimbursement claims
- Support services as needed by clients’ attorneys
- Payroll and compliance for domestic employees
- Coordination of background checks
- Tax Court Ruling That Family Office Carried on a Trade or Business May Offer Tax Planning Opportunities February 5, 2018
On December 13, 2017, in Lender Management, LLC v. Commissioner, the U.S. Tax Court ruled that a family office, Lender Management, LLC (“Lender Management”), carried on a trade or business as an investment manager rather than as a passive investor and was therefore entitled to deduct expenses under §162 (“deductible above-the-line with no income limitation”) vs. §212 (“miscellaneous itemized deductions subject to the 2% of adjusted gross income (AGI) floor”). As part of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (the “Act”) signed into law on December 22, 2017, miscellaneous itemized deductions (or §212 deductions) are no longer deductible and are suspended from 2018 through 2025.
- Large Equifax Cybersecurity Breach Could Affect 143 Million People – Are You One Of Them?September 11, 2017
Last week, Equifax announced a large cybersecurity breach that compromised personal information of up to 143 million Americans. The breach, which occurred between mid-May and July was discovered in late July.
- Anchin Private Client Wins NYSSCPA Family Office Cup for Second Consecutive YearAugust 14, 2017
Anchin Private Client, the preeminent accounting, tax and consulting firm for high net worth individuals, families, and family offices has captured the New York State Society of CPAs’ annual Family Office Cup for the second consecutive year. Anchin Private Client, a specialized group within New York-based accounting firm Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP, developed the winning presentation based on the topic of “Family Legacy.”
- Planning Ahead by Looking Back and Using the Team of AdvisorsNovember 29, 2016
High net worth families must always have someone minding the store in order to make sure important items aren’t missed.
- Top Considerations for Educational DonationsSeptember 29, 2016
A significant charitable grant can help create a legacy and example for future generations
- How the Wealthy Teach Children about the Value of MoneyJune 1, 2016
Typically, parents would like to provide a secure future for the next generation.