Private equity firms of all sizes have continued to show a growing interest in middle market companies. An effective strategy in dealing with complex activities involved in the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) process is essential. With over 90 years of experience serving middle market companies, Anchin specializes in responding to the individual needs of private equity firms and portfolio companies. We know where the issues are and the importance of having a dedicated team by your side every step of the way. Our single-office firm allows for efficient access to all of our resources, enabling us to deliver consistently superior work to our clients in a timely manner. Our team of experienced professionals provides in-depth industry knowledge while recognizing that each transaction is unique.
The members of Anchin’s Private Equity Industry Group understand the complications involved in transitioning a newly acquired company to a professionally managed organization. Understanding your investment strategy and knowing your company and team members is one of our specialties. Our team has the pertinent skills and expertise to help you succeed.
Anchin’s Private Equity Industry Group’s expertise extends to many industries, including:
- Food and beverage
- Public relations and advertising
- Construction, architecture and engineering
- Services, transportation and logistics
- Consumer products
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Real estate
- Financial services
- Audit and accounting services
- Business valuations
- Closing/Opening balance sheet audits and net working capital (NWC) review
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Common stock valuations for 409A purposes
- Evaluation of historical and projected cash flows
- Tax, financial, and accounting due diligence
- IT assessment and consulting
- IPO readiness
- Tax services including the implementation of risk management and corporate governance best practices along with timely schedule K-1 delivery
- Purchase price allocation, impairment analyses, and purchase price disputes
- Tax attribute preservation
- Tax planning and structuring
- General advice on accounting for M&A transaction
- Quality of earnings evaluation
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Substantially Limits Meals and Entertainment DeductionFebruary 14, 2018
The 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act introduced some significant limitations to the meals and entertainment deduction. The new law makes two major changes to the meals and entertainment rules, which can impact your business.
- The big question about the Dr Pepper Snapple-Keurig merger—why?January 31, 2018
Greg Wank, Leader of Anchin's Food and Beverage Industry Practice, says Dr. Pepper needs to diversify its product offerings to keep up with consumer tastes.
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Key provisions affecting Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds and Other Investment Funds or Fund VehiclesJanuary 17, 2018
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (the “Tax Act”), which was signed into law on December 22, 2017, enacts a broad range of changes with most provisions taking effect for tax years beginning after December 31, 2017. This alert summarizes some of the key (federal) tax provisions of the Tax Act affecting managers of hedge funds, private equity funds and other investment funds or fund vehicles.
- Inaugural Private Equity and Venture Capital RoundtableJune 21, 2018
Join Anchin’s Private Equity Industry Group, in cooperation with Maples Fund Services and Reitler Kailas & Rosenblatt, for our inaugural event - a roundtable discussion about current topics and trends affecting the industry.